Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Merger Exchange 2003 to 2000 Migration

hello all

I am involved in my company acquiring a smaller company (about 10 users). They are running MS Windows 2003 and MS Exchange 2003.

My company which has a bigger userbase is running Windows 2000 and Exchange 2003.

I have been given the task of migrating Exchange & Windows Data, accounts, mailboxes to our Exchange 2000 server. (I know this is a downgrade... but we can not upgrade 120 users because of 10 users, so we have to downgrade the 10 users) unfortunately.

What would be the least painful way to accomplish this. I have never been involved with such a task, any suggestions/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Company Merger Exchange 2003 to 2000 Migration

rajk,

That does suck but business is business. With that said. You can exmerge the users accounts to pst files, create new users on your 2000 domain and then exmerge them in your exchange org. Then remove the exchange2k3 server.

That's probably the most straight forward approach.

Since I'm not sure that you could use the Exchange 2000 Migration wizard to migrate from Exchange 2003.

HTH
    gaaq

Comment

Thanks for the insight.I know that the company wants me to forward any email is received on their old e-mail domain to the new e-mail address. How should I accomplish this?

Comment

rajk,

This sounds like what you need to do. good luck

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...003_Part1.html

HTH
        gaaq

Comment

Working...
        X