• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clients Cannot see the public exchange folders

Hi all

im new to exchange features.
    I use exchange 2003 standard server.

I was asked to make some public folders on the exchange server.
    on those folders i have to put some contacts of my organization workers.
    all the clients on the company need to see those users contacts so they can mail them easy by using outlook 2000 //2002(xp) when they use New mail -->To ( and here they suposed to see the list).

so now:
    1> they can see the global group list of the active directory users list.
    2> they can't see any new contact lists added. except the built in offered by
    ou2000//ouXP.

I went to tricks and tips on the petri site (this site). and created new public folders. now the question is:

1> how i feel them with new contacts.
    2> how i make them visible to all clients.

thnx for any help.

Re: Clients Cannot see the public exchange folders

Kazza,

It seems that maybe you do not have the correct permissions set for the contacts to be seen. Also go to this website and it may help you with settings those permissions and making them visible.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF018.html

HTH
    gaaq

Comment

Are you actually creating a public folder under, say, "All Public Folders", that can store Contact items? In that case, they won't appear in the GAL - you need to navigate to the folder in the Folder List in Outlook.

If you create an active directory Mail-enabled Contact, it can appear in the GAL.

Comment

in the GAL i can see the active directory users already.
        but i cant see any other added users that are not listed in A.D since they do not have accounts on our server. those are just contacts.

the problem was: how to make any new contacts to apear in the GAL.
        how do i navigate to the wanted folder. wheni go to any options or to the delivery in outlook 2000 ther navigation option is limited to what i can already see. i cant add any other things or locations.

Comment

About Gaaq's answer:
          thnx for the link you gave me.

i went to check it and i found that it is the real thing im looking for.

BUT the last step shown on that tutorial is not working on my exchange.

i created a public contact folder as shown and added some contacts to it.
          than when i finish with the permitions, i try to make it published as an E-mail contact list and i just cant. the option is blocked (light gray) unsable.

how can i fix that issue. this is the last and only option i need now.

all the rest worked fine, but without the last option it will not work.

thnx for any help.

Comment

Kazza,

Check to see if you are the owner in Outlook. Also make sure that you are a Exchange Full Administrator.

This shoudl give you the permissions to make the change.

HTH
            gaaq

Comment

i checked to see if im full owner and i am
              i rechecked the permissions on the mail exchange manager and im fully owner.
              also
              i understand that only the main computer that created the list can do the procedure i saw on the given site.

so when i go to check the computers i cant see the same gui i saw on your link. its like i dont use the real computer that created it.

Comment

hmmm any 1 has any ideas whats next??

Q:if im the owner i supouse to see the list of contacts.
                what about other peoples on the organization ??
                should they be owners as well???

how can i give any 1 the option to observe those folders on the mail contacts.

the weird thing is that some users can read the contact lists but cannot tag the option to make it visible as a contact mail list.

thnx for any helps.

Comment

Working...
                X