OWA + SSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA + SSL

I read the how-to article on the site about setting up OWA+SSL and it's exactly what I've already done - I read it just in case.

Here's my question.

Is there anyway to keep the SSL certificate from reporting that it cannot be verified up to a trusted root CA. I assume this means something like Verisign etc.

I added my local CA and certificate to the domain's trusted CA list and the certificate to trusted enterprise but it didn't help.

Any ideas are welcome. I'd rather not pay for an SSL certificate if I can get away with it.

---

Using Win 2003/Exchange 2003

Mr. Daniel Petri's example doesn't give this message - did he pay for a trusted root CA host?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

No, I don't have a Verisign cert, but I do have an internal CA, and all of my lab computers are part of that domain, so they automatically receive the CA in their trusted root certificate list.

Make your computers members of your domain and you'll see.

If you cannot do so, you'll need to configure your internal CA as a trusted root CA, and you can either manually do so on all computers (if you're not using AD), or from a GPO.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X