Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to configure Exchange server 2003 for external emails?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to configure Exchange server 2003 for external emails?

hi,
    this is my 2nd post, i want to know that how can we configure exchange server 2003 for external emails (Internal Local users send & Receive emails from external network). My exchange server 2003 which is in my office is a member server of AD 2003, internal emails are working , i want to configure for external.I have hosting & domain of my company. just need public(static ip) will get it when ever any my friend will guide me complete detail..

Waiting

Asif Ghani

I.T. Officer
    Akhai Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
    Last edited by agk2k; 8th June 2012, 12:31. Reason: Spelling mistakes & its alright now :)

Re: how to configure Exchange server 2003 for external emails?

Lots of stuff on
    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclie...w=1390&bih=997

Roughly:
    Create address policy
    Forward port 25 from router to Exchange server
    Set public DNS MX records to public IP address
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for reply my friend Ossian, i know lots of pages r in google, but need help which guide specific things which 1 want, not detailed.most of new IT Person who going to deploy exchange 1st time he confused when he found any detailed guide.need in sequence & Step By Step guideline.hope u understand what m i saying.
      Last edited by agk2k; 9th June 2012, 06:48.

Comment

Do you want to be able to receive external emails on your exchange server??

Yes.

1 Create MX record pointing to the external IP address of your email server.
        2 Open port 25 on your firwall and create a NAT policy to direct all requests for port 25 to your exchange server.

Comment

How can anyone here give you a "step by step" guide if we don't know anything about your environment. Any competent IT person should be able to use an online guide and adapt it to their environment. If you do not feel confident to do that, get a consultant or a more senior admin to help you.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

U are right Friend, I am also MCTS , MCITP, MCSA Certified. but Exchange Depolyment is my 1st experience. that Y need help? i will try to do that myself.
            thanks

Comment

Suggest you start by reviewing various links here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...d-a9024166c5d6

(and see broad steps both Wullie1b and I outlined above)

As always, remember the 6 P's
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X