Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change email address

Hi all,

I recently took over an Exchange Server 2003 box. Been a loooooong time since I worked on 2003, and I'm by no means a true guru anyway...

Apparently, we have an email address in place named "[email protected]". The powers-that-be simply want to change it to [email protected].

Is this possible? If so, how? What are the ramifications and is there another, better method?

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Change email address

Is mailbox2011 a user's email address, or does it go to a public folder? If the former, add [email protected] as an additional SMTP address for that user, set it as primary, and you're all set to go. I'm no expert on Exchange, so take it with a grain of salt
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Absolutely correct
      Remember to leave the previous address as the rest of the world will still be aware of it nd may still send to it -- changing the address will immediately drop anything to the old one
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I do believe that worked like a champ. Added the new SMTP, set as primary, renamed account, test email sent. When those who wanted it change come in, I will check the test because I don't know the PW (and don't wanna change it) and don't know how they're retrieving the emails (OWA, Outlook?).

Will report back! Thanks!

Chris

Comment

Yep, worked like a charm for sure!

Chris

Comment

Well done, and thanks for posting back
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X