Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple GC / DSAccess issue?

Hello,

We have a dedicated Server2003/Exchange2003 server which, regardless of whether we manually/automatically configure DSAccess, fails when a Global Catalog is taken offline. This behaviour happens despite there being two Global Catalogs available....

I assumed (perhaps wrongly!?) that having two Global Catalogs available/configured would allow the Exchange system to remain operational when a GC is taken offline? However, this is clearly not the case.

Has anyone else seen (or heard of) such behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Re: Multiple GC / DSAccess issue?

PaulAlex

I would look at several things I did not personally see this before but you could try several steps

Look for Errors in the Event Logs for specific errors like MSExchangeDSAccess.

Monitor Performance Counters for MSExchangeDsaccessProcesses performance object.
    Check that DNS is Configured Properly, verify the Configuration of Active Directory Sites,

Verify the Correct Operation of the Domain make sure that you run the DCDIAG tool (part of the Windows 2003 Support Tools). Run the POLICYTEST tool. Look at the DSAccess Roles and check the time on the servers.

I think that there is a 60 seconds decrepensies that DSAccess can tolerate before it starts spiting out errors on that..

HTH
    gaaq

Comment

Working...
    X