Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to remove purged mailbox?

Hi All,

I have an interesting dilemma, I have a mailbox that will not die!.

A little background info. We had a exchange disaster and my manager had done a system state restore per DELL on the exchange server after we had controller crash while I was running a backup on priv.edb. That would not be a problem if this exchange box was not a DC/GC. Needless to say when the restore took place the permissions were corrupted, I spent the entire weekend ( I do mean the entire weekend ) running eseutil /p and then /d but no success after opening a SRX ticket with Microsoft we finally managed to run the eseutil /d and the isinteg and was able to salvage some of the databases but not all.

My problem is this the user in question had her email open the entire weekend and unknown to me was trying to access her mailbox when I was recovering the exchange server. The user was not able to get email at all. So I created a new account and then added her old email address to this new one and thought the issue closed. I went back to the old mailbox and disconnected it and then manually purged it, or so I thought.

I have rebooted the server and still this mailbox is still there, with a BIG red X. Does any one have any ideas on how I can get this mailbox removed.

Thanks in advance

gaaq
    gaaq

Re: unable to remove purged mailbox?

You might need to run the eseutil /p, /d and isinteg again.

Comment

Re: unable to remove purged mailbox?

choppol,

thanks for the info, but i cannot do that right now I might try that on a down time.

THanks

gaaq
      gaaq

Comment

Working...
      X