This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange database drive crashed

the drive with exchange 2003 database crashed and I restored it from snapimage (storevault s500).
    I was able to restore the database to March 1, 2012 but the logfiles are still as of March 5, 2012 and I cannot restore them to March 1 because the restore button is greyed out. I cannot mount the mailbox and get the error ID no: c1041724. How can I match the logfiles to the database files which are a few days older than the logfiles? I think this might fix the problem but am not 100 percent sure. I need help to resolve this before 7 am. Thanks.

I ran eseutil /mh and I got this error: -1032 <JET_errFileAccessDenied. Cannot access file. the file is locked or in use> after 32.94 seconds
    I checked the permissions and they are ok, no virus scan and all exchange services are stopped. Can anyone help please...

Re: exchange database drive crashed

I did not have the correct path in the eseutil command, I got the following after correcting it:
    Initiating FILE DUMP mode...
    Database: I:\Progra~1\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb
    File Type: Database
    Format ulMagic: 0x89abcdef
    Engine ulMagic: 0x89abcdef
    Format ulVersion: 0x620,11
    Engine ulVersion: 0x620,11
    Created ulVersion: 0x620,9
    DB Signature: Create time:08/29/2004 12:41:45 Rand:10958556 Computer:
    cbDbPage: 4096
    dbtime: 1489268665 (0x58c46fb9)
    State: Dirty Shutdown
    Log Required: 32839-32841 (0x8047-0x8049)
    Streaming File: Yes
    Shadowed: Yes
    Last Objid: 513701
    Scrub Dbtime: 0 (0x0)
    Scrub Date: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
    Repair Count: 0
    Repair Date: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
    Old Repair Count: 0
    Last Consistent: (0x7FAC,14C7,74) 02/25/2012 13:57:10
    Last Attach: (0x7FAC,14C8,E5) 02/25/2012 13:57:11
    Last Detach: (0x0,0,0) 00/00/1900 00:00:00
    Dbid: 1
    Log Signature: Create time:12/15/2009 04:35:44 Rand:64929386 Computer:
    OS Version: (5.2.3790 SP 2)
    Previous Full Backup:
    Log Gen: 31322-31326 (0x7a5a-0x7a5e)
    Mark: (0x7A5D,43A,1B6)
    Mark: 01/21/2012 00:00:43
    Previous Incremental Backup:
    Log Gen: 31898-31902 (0x7c9a-0x7c9e)
    Mark: (0x7C9F,8,16)
    Mark: 02/05/2012 22:01:52
    Current Full Backup:
    Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
    Mark: (0x0,0,0)
    Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
    Current Shadow copy backup:
    Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
    Mark: (0x0,0,0)
    Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
    cpgUpgrade55Format: 0
    cpgUpgradeFreePages: 0
    cpgUpgradeSpaceMapPages: 0
    ECC Fix Success Count: none
    Old ECC Fix Success Count: none
    ECC Fix Error Count: none
    Old ECC Fix Error Count: none
    Bad Checksum Error Count: none

anyone know what I need to do next, thanks.

Comment

Is there no one in this forum who can help me with this problem, please respond if you can contribute. Thanks.

Comment

have u tried the following guide from microsoft?
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827283

Comment

Originally posted by sergenet View Post
          Is there no one in this forum who can help me with this problem, please respond if you can contribute. Thanks.
          If your problem is that urgent that you need to bump your post, I recommend contacting Microsoft and escalating a PSS case, and paying the relevant fee.
          My question is, what have YOU done, in the 8 or so hours between your original post, and then your post asking us for help again?

i am assuming that your stores are dismounted, as they are in an unclean state.
          make sure you have a copy of both the log files, and the database (You mentioned you have a backup, so that's a good start)

then use ESEUTIL /G (for integrity) first
          then eseutil /p for repair
          or eseutil /r for recovery

also try isinteg -fix -test alltests
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I have done the following:
            1. used the backup to restore the datbase files to March 1 (the log files are March 5)
            2. ran the following command: C:\Progra~1\Exchsrvr\bin\eseutil /mh "I:\Progra~1\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

3. also: C:\Progra~1\Exchsrvr\bin\eseuti
            l /ml "J:\Progra~1\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\E00.log"

4. moving the entire database folder to a larger drive to perform /p for repair

I am not sure if I have to do the repair in sequence on all 4 files or the sequence does not matter. I am also not sure about the free space required. Here are what is currently available:
            the bin folder which has the eseutil has only 31gb, the folder where I am copying the files to has 121gb, and the folder where the files are now has 78gb, these are the free space available on those drives. priv1.edb is 80gb, priv1.stm is 45gb, pub1.edb is 2gb, and pub1.stm is 49mb

If you can help me with the above I would appreciate it. It has been over 8 hours since I started the copy process and it is just at 75% done. I would prefer to do the repair at the current location but am not sure of space requirements. I do have a backup of the database in case something goes wrong.
            Last edited by sergenet; 7th March 2012, 00:20.

Comment

you don't need to move the location of the files
              you can use ESEUtil to redirect to another location... i'm not sure of the specific switchs just now.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

The time sounds about right: http://mzelenov.com/eseutil-speeds/

All you can do is complete the process and try to mount the db, then react to the errors you get.

You may want to investigat Ontrack PowerControls -- not cheap but, IMHO, the best Exchange recovery tool around.
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I did go ahead with repair after the databases were finished moving to the new location and it worked fine. All is back to normal now. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Comment

I dealt with the same problem some time ago.I used the tool pst repair and i found it the best tool to deal with.

Comment

PST repairs will not work on an Exchange (Server) Database, only on a local PST file
                      There is a free tool called. IIRC, SCANPST that comes with Outlook that does an effective job
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am going to lock this thread to ensure that it doesn't get overrun with the PST repair spammers.

Simon.
                        --
                        Simon Butler
                        Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
                        X