Exchange 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2000

we are in the process of upgrading our server from SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 to SBS 2010. There is a mail archive program running that archives all incoming and outgoing email, however we do not know what program is being used to do the archiving as the tech who set it up no longer works here and there was no documentation.

I have looked under Mailbox Store properties and the "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" is not checked. There are no programs installed on the server that are doing the archiving as far as I can tell. GFI MailEssentials was installed on the server at one time, but there is nothing in program files or under the Start menu programs to show that it's still installed. I have looked in Exchange Manager and no third party program seems to be installed.

Anyone have an idea of where to look to see what program is doing the archiving

Thanks.

Re: Exchange 2000

how d you access ther archived mail.. ?

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

I use Outlook Web Access.

Comment

is there maybe a cloud-hosted solution like Mimecast?
        I know plent of clients at my previous job had business continuity modules.. and they'd pull down all the mail mimecast archived into a local account..

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

So you can acess the "archived" emails via OWA. How do they appear? Can you see those same emails in Outlook? If so, are they in a PST, or within the mail folder?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I think you may have journalling enabled.

Have a read at this and check to see if it is.

http://www.petri.com/enable_journaling_in_exchange.htm

Comment

Working...
            X