Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To virtualise or not to virtualise

Hey all,

We currently have an Exchnage 2003 SP2 server at our site and i was looking at virtualising it, hardware is currently out of warranty and the RAID card has died on one channel.

I know the software is out of mainstream support and i think it is still in extended support, which i don't think we have.

We are also looking at Exchange 2010 this year but i need to wait on our parent to complete what they need to complete.

I'm leaning towards doing it and ensuring that we have our SAN set to take snaps every so often.

Would you virtualise the server considering it is out of mainstream support and wouldn't get me any help from MS anyway???

As always all opinions and suggestions are requested.

Re: To virtualise or not to virtualise

Personally, I would look at virtualising due to the fact that the hardware support is out of warranty.

Comment

I would say that as long as you can meet the IO requirements, there really is no reason not to in this case.
      JM @ IT Training & Consulting
      http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

On another note, I know a number of clients who have virtualised Exchange 2003 SP2 and I am not aware of any issues from the point if view of virtualisation.

Comment

Working...
        X