regarding exch 2003 lan card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding exch 2003 lan card

Hi all, I have a one questions that, why need two lan adapter of exchange 2003 configuration? spouse if me configure one lan adapter as net policy for a public ip (for OWA) what will be a problem ?pls give me ans:-Thanks,san

Re: regarding exch 2003 lan card

You don't need two LAN cards for Exchange 2003 -- it will operate quite happily on an internal network with 1 card, provided the correct ports (25 for email and 443 for (secure) OWA) are forwarded from the router
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You don't need two LAN cards for Exchange 2003 -- it will operate quite happily on an internal network with 1 card, provided the correct ports (25 for email and 443 for (secure) OWA) are forwarded from the router

Thanks for reply

But when i configured 1 lan card with net policy my Internet working slow

my lan ip are following

192.168.2.3 ----------------- -----------Exchange server IP (and It's configure as NET policy)

192.168.2.1----------------------------- Router Ip (For getaway)

192.168.2.2------------------------------Domain Ip (first DNS)
      192.168.2.1----------------------------- Router Ip(Alternate DNS)

and i configure exchange in different server that's of member of domain

and when i change my exchange DNS that time in my exchange DNS not working because of DNS is configured in domain server and i login in Exchange as administrator of domain so what should i do? (how to configure lan )

and other i required my exchange owa loging as name not my public or router ip from other network (using internet )
      Last edited by sanv; 3rd February 2012, 07:53.

Comment

Can you post the results of an IPCONFIG/ALL from
        a) your exchange server
        b) your DC
        c) a normal client PC on your LAN

Can you explain what you mean by "internet working slow" and tell us how (type/speed of connection) you use?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Can you post the results of an IPCONFIG/ALL from
          a) your exchange server
          b) your DC
          c) a normal client PC on your LAN

Can you explain what you mean by "internet working slow" and tell us how (type/speed of connection) you use?

Thanks

I sending u exchange lan ,DC Lan and a local machine lan configuration with image files

when give to Getaway and DNS to my exchange of Dc that time in exchange server internet working slow
          Attached Files

Comment

Exchange 2003 doesn't like being dual homed - so connected two two networks at the same time.

Therefore if there are two NICs in the server I would only offer you two choices.

1. Team the NICs. There will be a utility from the NIC supplier or server supplier for this.
            2. Disable the second NIC and have just one enabled.

The gateway should be set to your router, the DNS set to your domain controller/s ONLY.

Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
            X