Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add local domain name into external domain name

Hi all,

i confgured exchange server 2003 and i am giving a public ip for Outlook Web Access to the exchange machine and i connect to exchange server from internet (other network) through this ip It's working properly.

But my problem is that i need to connect Outlook Web Access using my local domain name for example :- ip is 115.111.213.189 to convert test.local

another questions is :- my company site hosted in hostcenteric.com it's hosting providing org. and in my company ISP is different org and his give me 115.111.213.189 this static Ip (Public ip)

so how to access owa through using my local domain name OR name

Regards,
    sanv

Re: How to add local domain name into external domain name

You cannot using a local name, it must be a public name e.g. domain.com
    (Internet DNS servers do not "know" about domain.local etc)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks For reply me

so how to access my outlook web access

and another is currently my local domain name and internet name is different.

It's necessary that internet domain name and local domain name same ?

Comment

No, the names can, and should, be different
        You will need to create a recipient policy in Exchange to assign the internet email addresses

Can I recommend you get some outside support/training to help you with all this
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can use split DNS and setup an internal DNS Forward lookup zone the same URL as used by OWA externally, for example, owa.ExternalDomain.com and add a host record to that but leave the name blank and just add the internal IP of the Exchange server. I assume that the Exhcange server already has a host header that will recognise the URL.

Comment

Working...
          X