Exchange server 2003 setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange server 2003 setup

Hi Guys...i am new to the forum...i have a question that should i need a static IP address for my exchange server to send or receive emails from the outer world?if so how can i configure that please guide me...

Re: Exchange server 2003 setup

Sigh... moved to perfectly good Exchange forum just a few mouse clicks below the Coffee Lounge

Yes, you should have a static IP address -- it will be supplied by your ISP so get on the phone and ask them for one.
    If they will absolutely not give one (money may be involved), then there are ways -- not preferred-- of getting around it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your reply..how to configure the static ip or we should the map the static ip to the exchange server using static nat?please need guidance.

Comment

A lot depends on your router/firewall
        Typically you use NAT from the router to the internal network so you would set up a firewall rule on the router to forward port 25 to the Exchange Server

You will (separately) need to point MX records for your domain to the public IP supplied by your ISP
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

can you tell me where to configure the mx records ?in my mail server or the isp will perform this task ?pls guide me in this..

Comment

The ISP will do it or allow you to do it.

Can I suggest you consider getting a consultant to help you
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

can you help me how to configure mx record myself?

Comment

Find the web site which allows you to manage your external domain
                Log on
                Find DNS section of control panel
                Check you have a name pointing to your public IP address, if not, create one
                Point your lowest value MX record to the name*

*some control panels allow you to put an IP in directly for an MX record

Note each control panel is different, so we do not have exact instructions

See final comment in post #6
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X