X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration NAT policy for exchange server 2003

Hello,

pls suggest me

Can i configure NAT policy to Exchange lan ip for public ip, for downloading internet mail thought a single lan port

it work properly

Re: Configuration NAT policy for exchange server 2003

If I understand you, you want to set up port forwarding for SMTP (port 25) from your public IP to the internal private IP of the Exchange server.

It will be something you do on your router under something like "port forwarding" or "virtual servers" depending on make and model
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Some firewall also use "NAT Policies" to do their port forwarding (like SonicWall). Other firewalls will also call it a "reverse proxy."

So look for one of those settings on your firewall and follow the documentation to send tcp 25 traffic to your Exchange server.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

It depends on how your Exchange is configured but either a 1 to 1 Nat rule and the corresponding smtp firewall rules should do the trick
        Reverse proxy and Nat are two completely different notions
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

What firewall/router will you be using to create the NAT policy???

Comment

Working...
          X