No announcement yet.

OWA goes down every day

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA goes down every day

Mail store on Exchange 2003 (6.5 build 7638.2 sp2) got corrupted and was beyond the repair. I ended up creating a new store and restoring all mail from the backup. Ever since the recovery IIS seems to be going down daily, but WWW Publishing service does not show as stopped in the services console.
    Here is what happens
    Some time during the day OWA and localhost become inaccessible (you get page can not be displayed) and iisreset does not fix the problem, but as soon as I restart ALL exchange services IIS starts working again. Looking at the event log I don’t see any errors or warnings around the time of the crash. I also configured Exchange to email me if ANY of the services go down, but don’t get any emails when it crashes. Is there anything else I can enable that would give me more details on the problem?
    BPA Tool shows 1 problem

Access control list (ACL) inheritance is blocked for the Exchange database object (CN=Mailbox Store (MAIL1),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=MAIL1,CN=Servers,CN=F irst Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=l ocal). This may cause mail flow problems, store mounting issues and other service outages. Follow Microsoft Knowledge Base article 264733 and use the Exchange System Manager to re-enable inheritance on this object.
    Could it be causing the problem I am seeing?
    Last edited by net_tech; 5th December 2011, 20:21.

Re: OWA goes down every day

did you follow the KB article it linked?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: OWA goes down every day

i did and haven't seen IIS go down yet, but can't say for sure it's fixed.