No announcement yet.

POP3 Connection Actively Refused?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 Connection Actively Refused?

Hey guys,
    I'm having a strange problem with my Exchange 2003 Servers. I just migrated from a single server to a front-end/back-end topology, and everything seems to be working fine except for POP3. I have several users who are outside our network who use POP3 to connect, but since I migrated to a front-end/back-end topology, whenever they try to connect they get a "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" error. I have checked all through my DNS and firewall, and everything seems to be set up correctly (I have the POP3 connections pointed at my front-end server). I have also tried this internally using a POP3 client (Thunderbird) and I get the same error.

If anyone could please help me with this I would be extremely greatful, I have searched the forums here, at Experts-exchange, and at, all to no avail. Any help or pointers would be great.

- Dredd

Re: POP3 Connection Actively Refused?

Did the clients setup with the external IP of the Front Server? Can you telnet from the world to the Front Server (Ports TCP 25 + 110)? Do you use IPSEC?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: