Win7 64, Outlook 2003 connection issue to Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 64, Outlook 2003 connection issue to Exchange 2003

Hi, All ill need some help in understanding how outlook 2003 on connects to Exchange 2003 for office mail. I been reading / digging for weeks but could not find any solution.

Background;
    OK, I am currently work from a temporary workstation that is not part of domain but needed to access email from exchange server 2003 on a domain not sure if its related..
    I have my account details setup correctly and were able to get full connection with exchange server using detail from my domain account with "exchange over HTTP" not too sure if this is the best way though...

Problem:
    the connection to my exchange server is very inconsistent... though usually i do get full connection after some time.. but its very inconsistent... from anywhere 5 minutes to 1 hour... ill try to post screen capture (as i am not allow to post yet..)

I am hoping someone could shade some light on this for me on how or what should i do to get full connection at outlook startup? or if that is possible at all?
    iirc i come across an article here about this.. (outlook over http) but i cant seems to find that anymore.

Thanks in advance.
    HK.

Re: Win7 64, Outlook 2003 connection issue to Exchange 2003

Hi - not sure if this is directly related but have you tried disabling TCP autotuning on your Windows 7 x64 client?

I had a similar performance related issue, connecting from win7 x64 > Exchange 2003 (running on a Windows Server 2003 R2 box) and performance was terrible. Only disabling TCP Autotuning solved the problem.

Open a DOS window with administrator privileges and run the command

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Worth a try to see if your problem is performance related rather than a configuration issue.

You can put the setting back with the command

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion,

Yes i did.. after reading some respond from this forum... its still on disable state now. but still the same...

I was wondering if this is cause by how exchange prioritize domain user and non domain user.

Thanks again..looking forward for some expert to advise.

Comment

Hi, All

Just to update.
        I tried to setup connection from domain joined PC and it connects well without problem from XP64 OS.

And as it seems I cant connect to exchange from the during peak hours from the non-domain notebook mentioned. ill try next to connect notebook via domain mode and report back. not too sure if this is due to windows 7 and outlook 2003 / exchange 2003.

Hope someone could help..

Comment

Update..

Still trying to figure out how these connection are made, basically I discovered that should I keep reconnect with "connection status" dialog box" i will get full connectivity sooner..

Will post screen capture on my next post..

Appreciate of any help.. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the update of screens capture... with explanation...

Comment

Hello All...

Just to share the finding that with some help i finally fixed this issue.
              its due to the access right on outlook.exe in win7.. with the right permission... its no longer an issue now..

Many thanks to all..

Mod, please close this thread.. thanks.

Comment

Could you tell us what permissions were required in the end -- it will help others in the same position
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X