Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F)

HI Guys:

Happy Thanksgiving to all...

I have a question regarding the following error message from MS Outlook. Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) This only occurs to outbound emails as inbounds are perfect.

We have three independant exchange servers and the config are almost identical to each other. Outlook also works correctly using accounts within our other exchange servers.

I spent two days searching on the web and tried everthing from MS updates to verifing SMPT and IIS configurations with our working servers aswell, as disabling all antivisrus software. Firewall is OK as it has identical rules to working servers.

I am STUCK.

If you have prior experience with this before please, give me a glue.

Best Regards,

Re: Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F)

Please review:;en-us;813514

Try also to remove the antivirus and re-create Outlook profile + Install latest SP on the Exchange + Office.

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Hi there,

most of the time this is a pure communications error on the client side

I would verify these..

telnet servername 25
      helo domain
      mail from: [email protected]
      rcpt to: [email protected]
      test test
      close connection

If all this works your server is accepting your mail from your client machine. Via Telnet that is

So, It needs to be a port blocking thing or a Outlook issue

Check your firewall settings (also tell ous what you use plz)
      Disable your firewall and also disable the windows firewall service (via services.msc)
      Reboot your client computer
      When booted try connecting or send/receive mail.
      Check your communications on the server (see that the client actually connects; this go's via ESM > server > protocols > smtp > session)

Next step if you do not see a connection is making a new profile in Outlook (control panel > POST > profiles) to see that the original profile is not damaged.
      After creating try logging in and send/receive mail.

See how it works.

Try this first!!!!

I noticed that its only sending thats a problem...

Sometimes this has to do with a corrupt PST file.

In this case -> the "Send Items" pst could be corrupt.

PST files used before Office 2003 are suffering corruption when they reach 2 GB in size. Locate your PST file (search *.pst) and delete it (offcourse back it up) and then just restart outlook.

If your PST was corrupt your problem would be fixed. If it is fixed try using the PST Fix util that microsoft provides. There is a chance that you are able to repair and then archive your send items so no data, or at least a minimum is lost.

If this is no help... Try the next steps I posted