Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Exmerge on new system!

Scenario:
    Installed Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft Exchange 2003 correctly and everything is working perfectly.

Problem:
    I'm trying to backup the settings and everything with Exmerge to make sure i'll be able to do the same to my Exchange 5.5 Server computer so that I may import the information to my new pdc. When entering the name of my domain I receive this error:
    The specified server 'CONTOSO.COM' is inaccessible. It is not an Exchange Server or a domain controller is unavailable or you do not have the necessary rights to access this server or the LDAP port specified in incorrect.

I used the LDP tool to find out my port information and it's correct. My server is to an Exchange Server and the domain controller is available because I could log in and out of user accounts from computers over the network.

I also changed the permissions entitled in an article for exmerge permission errors. Which I haven't received because
    I can't connect to the domain.

What could be the situation?

Re: Problems with Exmerge on new system!

Is your domain name contoso.com??

Has MS not registered this domain name as it uses it in its courses??

Comment

Yes my domain name is contoso.com

Comment

Is DNS working properly

Comment

I can type contoso.com/exchange on a work station computer i connect to the server. Does that mean my DNS works?
          Last edited by bluedevlx; 25th November 2005, 17:06. Reason: Change

Comment

Are you running EXMERGE on the Exchange server??

Can you post a screenshot of where it is going wrong??
            Last edited by wullieb1; 25th November 2005, 19:56.

Comment

Doesn't it mean that my configuration and settings are working fine if i'm able to store/receive emails with my exchange server from a workstation?

Here is the log file:

Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v6.5.7529.0
              Start Logging:November 25, 2005 13:20:21
              [13:20:21] Logging Level: None
              [13:20:21] Reading settings from file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.MICROSOF\Desktop\Exmerge\Ex merge\EXMERGE.INI'.
              [13:20:21] Reading list of subjects for messages to be selected from file ''
              [13:20:21] Reading list of attachment names for messages to be selected from file ''
              [13:20:21] List of folders to be ignored has been read. 0 folders in the list.
              [13:20:21] Current machine locale ID is 0x409
              [13:20:21] Operating System Version 5.2 (Build 3790)
              [13:20:42] Accessing Domain Controller 'MICROSOF'
              [13:20:42] Error! Server CONTOSO.COM is not listed as an Exchange 2000 server in the Active Directory on server MICROSOF. (CADRoutines::GetExchangeServerNameInfo)
              [13:20:43] Error getting organization and site information from server 'CONTOSO.COM', using DAPI
              [13:20:43] The specified server 'CONTOSO.COM' is inaccessible. It is not an Exchange Server or a domain controller is unavailable or you do not have the necessary rights to access this server or the LDAP port specified in incorrect.

Comment

Do you think if I change the domain it will work?

Comment

Guess no one could help me i guess i'll ride this out on my own. Thank you very much for your support. Adios

Comment

Have you tried using Exmerge for exchange 2003??

Comment

This is pretty much a rights issue. You have to make sure that the account you are using to logon to the exchange server when running the exmerge utility has full send as/receive as rights (or full control) under the information store on exchange. If not it will not be able to connect to the domain to access that information. Do you have multiple exchange servers or multiple domains? If not then just omit those second and third fields in exmerge. simply type in the exchange server name you are trying to use as source and let exmerge determine all AD info on its own. hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X