Removing old and gone Exchange 2003 before upgrade to Exchange 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing old and gone Exchange 2003 before upgrade to Exchange 2010

I have a single Exchange 2007 server and planning on upgrading to Exchange 2010.

Ran the exPDA and it picked up remnants of the old Exchange 2003 server listed in the First Administration Group. That server is long gone and doesn't physically exist. I presume the previous administrator didn't do a proper decommissioning of the last legacy server.

On further investigation with ADSI, I do see the server listed in CN=EX1,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=yyy,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=yyy,DC=lo cal.

Also found a couple of route connectors in ADSI between the old (2003) and current (2007) servers.

The technet article for removing last Exchange 2003 is for server that still exists or that one wants to re-install.

I believe I need to remove any trace of the Exchange 2003 server otherwise there will be a problem replicating the public folder to the new 2010 server.

Is it safe to just delete the entries in ADSI since the Exchange 2007 server has been running fine for over 2 years now? The old Exchange 2003 server doesn't exist anymore. Everything is homed to the Exchange 2007 server.

Thanks.

Re: Removing old and gone Exchange 2003 before upgrade to Exchange 2010

Absolutely. ADSI is usually the preferred choice for this anyway.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.80).aspx

Comment

Re: Removing old and gone Exchange 2003 before upgrade to Exchange 2010

Thanks.

Bernard

Comment

Working...
      X