Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication b/w Exchange Servers?

Hello,
    I have 2 Exchange servers in 2 domains. Right now, one server can communicate with the other no problem, meaning I can go through Exchange Server Management and access both, but from the other one I cannot access the first server. I can ping and telnet into that server, but exchange is giving me problems. Thus, users that are on the second domain cannot access the public folders on the first domain.

When I go to access the mailboxes on the first server, Halo, from the second server, MSX2, it says "The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Be sure the service is running and you have network connectivity to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer". I have enabled Integrated Windows Authentication on both servers, and there are no firewalls set up between the servers. We use port 25. Can anybody shed some light on this problem?

I can't seem to find any errors in event viewer either. Well, there are some, but they don't show up when I try to access the mailbox and get the error. I see that I get error 1129, Error while processing a replication event. Not sure if these are related.

Re: Communication b/w Exchange Servers?

If the access from the second server to the first one isn't working most probably something is wrong with RPC.

Since as you stated there is no firewall involved does NetBIOS name resolution is working from the second server to the first one (meaning ping only the host name or net view \\%hostname%)?

Comment

have you delegated access to both?

also, are they the same versionof exchange ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
        If the access from the second server to the first one isn't working most probably something is wrong with RPC.

Since as you stated there is no firewall involved does NetBIOS name resolution is working from the second server to the first one (meaning ping only the host name or net view \\%hostname%)?
        Only FQDN resolution works. I'm not too familiar with this, what should I do?

thecamel, they are both exchange 2003. They both should have access to each other

Comment

Not just Exchange 2003, but same SP and patch levels -- look in ESM for full version number
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Gotcha. Yes, they are both 6.5.7638.1

Comment

Originally posted by babbtong View Post
              Only FQDN resolution works. I'm not too familiar with this, what should I do?

thecamel, they are both exchange 2003. They both should have access to each other
              In order to get NetBIOS name resolution working you can either use WINS or a lmhost file. See following link:
              http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc977602.aspx

Comment

Working...
              X