Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to make work ipad - exchange 2003

Hello,

I need help for iPad(1) - Exchange 2003 (sp2)

Error message is: cannot Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed.

Description:

1. E2003 sp2. Activesync and OMA are enabled (see attach)
    2. OWA https only works for years. So 443 is open on firewall
    3. The company uses self signed certificate.
    4. Also, want to mention (there is no relation to the issue) that BES server is running and there are some BB users.

To eliminate possible misconfiguration for outside access I believe it's a good idea to make it work internally. So for the server name in iPad configuration I just enter 10.0.0.2
    I guess I should start with certificate export from Exchange and installation on iPad.

Please help with details on how to make it work.

Thx.
    Michael.
    Attached Files
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: need to make work ipad - exchange 2003

Get a public certificate (very good article on the parent site) and use it -- far easier than messing with installing certs on a fondleSlab
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

plz the link to the article (on parent website)
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

probably you recommended this one:

http://www.petri.com/ssl-exchange-ce...commercial.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mla View Post
          In your Mobile policy please tick: "Unsupported Devices" as well
          Technical Director
          www.tecguruz.com
          Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Comment

You can also use https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ to help narrow down the issue.

EDIT: Just looked at the pic. jedi001 hit it on the head.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Jeremy,
              I used the analyzer. See attachment.

Recently:
              1. Public SSL cert is installed
              2. Unsupported devices in ASync box checked.

It still doesn't work. The message:
              "The connection to the server failed".

The server name is courrier.x.com (NSLOOKUP returns IP for this name)
              tried to enter user name in both domain\user_name and [email protected]

May be the connectivity report will help to identify the issue.

Thx.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a new report attached.
                This is really meaningful info. Read the KB. It shows that problem happens with Verisign and GODaddy certificates too. Will try talk to NetSOL.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks very much for the analyser link.

ExRCA is analyzing intermediate certificates that were sent down by the remote server.
                One or more intermediate certificates were missing or invalid.

Additional Details
                There's a missing intermediate certificate in the certificate chain. Subject = CN=Network Solutions DV Server CA, O=Network Solutions L.L.C., C=US. For more information, see Knowledge Base Article 927465.
                Attached Files

Comment

Who did you get the certificate from?
                  Check their instructions -- often you need to add a second certificate directly on the server (not via EMC)
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I installed intermidiate cert. ( I got couple from Network Solutions).
                    And this problem was fixed.

Now Analyser shows Exchange ActiveSync returned an HTTP 500 response.

This is a real heck... . Pretty long fix (in case somebody will need it)
                    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817379

MS says:

Exchange Server ActiveSync and Exchange Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) use the /Exchange virtual directory to access OWA templates and DAV on Exchange back-end servers on which the user's mailbox is located. Server ActiveSync and OMA cannot access this virtual directory if either of the following conditions is true:
                    • The /Exchange virtual directory on an Exchange back-end server is configured to require SSL.
                    • Forms-based authentication is enabled.
                    Thanks to all trying to help. And a special to Jeremy for the Analyser link.

I will probably try to do what is recommended next week and let know...

Do other people have a similar env. (no Front End) and iPad.
                    Did it work from first shot?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mla; 6th October 2011, 17:49.

Comment

Working...
                    X