X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new public domain name for existent AD and Exchange

Hi,
    I need to find a solution for the following scenario:

the company going to change the name and purchase new domain name.

1. The main goal is to provide users new e-mail addresses: [email protected]

2. E-mails send by user should appear in recepient's mailbox as from [email protected]

3. Users must receive e-mails for both [email protected] and [email protected] in the same inbox of existent Exchange 2003.

I don't want to play with AD domain renaming. There is a project for 2008 AD installation and latest Exchange server for the next year.

I guess it is not difficult to configure Exchange for showing sender's name @new, even his AD account is @old.

Please advice (if it is possible) how to arrange "forwarding" e-mail traffic comming to
    [email protected] to [email protected] on ISP level to allow [email protected] e-mails enter INBOX of existent Exchange.

I will talk to ISP too...

Thanks,
    Michael.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: new public domain name for existent AD and Exchange

Have you tried searching for the answers?

Daniel has an article detailing how to do this very thing. http://www.petri.com/configure_excha...er_domains.htm

As for the "forwarding" part, all you need to do is point the MX records for the new domain to your existing Exchange server.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: new public domain name for existent AD and Exchange

Oh look, there's even a link to another article explaining MX records. Daniel has it covered.
      http://www.petri.com/configure_mx_re...il_traffic.htm
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
      X