Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding mails using OWA

Hello,

When a user is on a holiday I want them to set an out of the office message and a forward to their colleague.

I found that this is fairly easy by using the OWA.

Question :
    is there a way to restrict that the forward address can only be an address on the same domain ?

I would like to avoid this to be used by someone to forward any mail to a gmail, hotmail etc. account

Re: Forwarding mails using OWA

Which version of Exchange is being used?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am sorry, forgot to mention

I am using Exchange 2003

Comment

OK, this tells you how to ALLOW external OOF replies, so I guess reverse the setting in step 4....
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821899

Thank you,
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am sorry that I might not have made myself clear.

It is not the out of the office reply that I want to restrict.

It is making a forward to an off-domain e-mail address which I want to restrict

So you can make a forward from [email protected] to [email protected] but not to [email protected]

Comment

At the same location where the provided link tells you to configure OOF is another option for "Allow automatic forward". Unchecking this option will prevent users from forwarding (externally only if I remember correct). If you want to enable this feature for special domains you can just create another rule set specifically for this domain.

Comment

Also set up (human) policies to disallow such forwarding and appropriate sanctions if someone does so
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X