Exchange 2003 not delivering mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 not delivering mail

Hello, i have a sbs2003 box with exchange setup on in. I have a domian called xyz.com and, the exchange is fetching the emails throw pop connector. Everything is working ok, get's the emails and put's it in the correct user. The problem is when sending. Sending emails to anybody that is not xyz.com works great. Now the problem is when they send an email to anyone with @xyz.com. we have 4 emails that use the exchange server , and 2 other emails in two different offices. inside the echange server i can send emails with no problem , but when sending emails to the two other office it give a an error saying that the email doesent exist in the organization. What can this be? i have two smtp connectors, one that comes by default with sbs, and another that i created to send emails trow the mail server because of the mx records and all of that. forgot to mention that the two other office arent connected to the exchange server, just simple outlook with pop3 connection. Can the problem be the smtp connector ?

Regards
    Kevin

Re: Exchange 2003 not delivering mail

What does the NDR say?

Comment

Hi there, when you mean the NDR , it's the messagem from the server with the error correct ?

Here it is:

A sua mensagem não chegou a um ou mais destinatários.

AssuntolaEnviada:14-07-2011 18:34
      Não foi possível contactar o(s) seguinte(s) destinatário(s):

[email protected] em 14-07-2011 18:34
      The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
      <domain.local #5.1.1>

Comment

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
        Hi there, when you mean the NDR , it's the messagem from the server with the error correct ?

Here it is:

A sua mensagem não chegou a um ou mais destinatários.

AssuntolaEnviada:14-07-2011 18:34
        Não foi possível contactar o(s) seguinte(s) destinatário(s):

[email protected] em 14-07-2011 18:34
        The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
        <domain.local #5.1.1>
        The NDR says the email address is not valid.

Comment

are you using the same domain name?

because exchange will deliver any email for that domain to itsself, you can't change this..
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hey, thanks for the answer, but the local domain is hello.local and the external domain that it has is a hello.dyndns.org. The exchange server has an smtp connector with the smart host configured. The email exists because i can send emails from that account and send. Very Strange, realy dont know why

Comment

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
              Hey, thanks for the answer, but the local domain is hello.local and the external domain that it has is a hello.dyndns.org. The exchange server has an smtp connector with the smart host configured. The email exists because i can send emails from that account and send. Very Strange, realy dont know why
              Then there is no MX record for "hello.dyndns.org" in public DNS then. Presumably mailboxes are stamped with both addresses in your recipient policy?

Comment

Hello, why do i need an mx record for hello.dyndns.org ? i'm not sending emails from tis machine, i have a smtp connector with smart host of xyz.com, so the emails should be sended from that smtp server with the correct mx record for that server, please correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Please state what email address/domain you are sending from and to. Your smart host configuration is unimportant as the NDR indicates the email is leaving your organisation and being delivered. Except the destination email address is non-existent.

Comment

ill try to explain this a little better, what is happening is:

the domain name is xyz.com, and whats happening is:

the users that have the emails settup with pop account ex: [email protected] can send to anyone in the organization, please note that these are normal computers with office 2003 and a pop3 account. in seperate buildings from the main one. Now in the main building there is an exchange server that the local domain is hello.local, and the external domain to access to this exchange server is hello.dyndns.org, since i dont have a static ip, i can access web outlook, with no problem. The problem is when the email accounts from the exchange server ex: [email protected] send to the pop accounts [email protected] they come with that error , but if i send from [email protected] to [email protected] everything works ok. I hope i could explain what is happening here.

Comment

If I understood this correct you are using shared SMTP address space for xyz.com between your SBS and a not specified mail solution without configuring Exchange to do so.

Follow the attached link for using a shared address space:
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us.

Comment

Hey, that is correct, tanks for the help I think that will do the trick

Thx for the help guys!!!

Regards
                        Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

Working...
                        X