Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny thing happening with Exchange v 6.5.7638.1 error 5.1.1

Hi All,

I have a customer with sbs2003 install and also Exchange is configured and is being used.

in the last few days i have noticed that i cannot email them and i get a bounce back 5.1.1

The specified user is on the system and has the address that is being emailed setup against them. it is now being mis-spelt either.

the Exchange server has 2x domains setup to receive on, one works and the other (the primary default) has stopped returning the 5.1.1 error to me.

I have successfully emailed the account (which fails when sending from my exchange server(this does send out successfully to other domains)) with a yahoo account.
    so mine are not getting to the user from my excahnge server on my connection, but works from a webmail Yahoo account.

I have checked to see if my IP is blacklisted for what ever reason and it isn't.

does anyone have any ideas? if just started happeing and i have checked the config on both servers and all seems to be ok.

Thanks in advance.
    Clive Taylor

Re: funny thing happening with Exchange v 6.5.7638.1 error 5.1.1

If it's getting there from a Yahoo account, but not from your other account, that suggests a localised problem with that account.

Please delete your locally cached resolver entries (this is where if you start typing a name, it will appear with a suggestion)
    THen, get the person to email you, and try and just click "reply"

failing that, you'll need to look at the tracking logs..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X