• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Calendar Appointments

Hi all

Mailbox Size Items
    Assistant 814,845 10,195
    Boss 6,333,588 38,793

I am tearing my hair out getting complaints from a user that is reporting calendar entry's do not appear in there bosses calendar.

They get the meeting request and accept, but it does not seem to go in to the calendar. I do not think it is users error (although this is possible) but I cannot find anything that looks different for this particular person.

Does the mailbox size of the boss or the number of items come in to play here?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

brian

Re: Missing Calendar Appointments

Can you see the entry's using OWA? If outlook ensure no filters are set.

Comment

yep, which ever way you view the mailbox the events are missing.

Comment

Any rules which might be deleting the appointments?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by brian873 View Post
          yep, which ever way you view the mailbox the events are missing.
          Ensure there are no mailbox rules that are deleting the content. You can see deleted content with PFDAVADMIN. May be worth checking with that to see if you can see the deleted content.

Comment

cheers scurlaruntings, I'll give that a shot next week and see what I can find

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
              Ensure there are no mailbox rules that are deleting the content. You can see deleted content with PFDAVADMIN. May be worth checking with that to see if you can see the deleted content.
              could you give some steps on this... ? would be quite helpful....
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                could you give some steps on this... ? would be quite helpful....
                Connect to the specified mailbox in PFDAVADMIN. Drill down the subtree until you see calender (under Top of the information store). Select calender. On the right pane click items. At the bottom of the right pane you will see normal content and deleted content. Select the lata. The items will normally be presented in a raw .eml format or possibly .xml.

Comment

sweet, thanks !
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

thanks again scurlaruntings

I found the item in question, all i need now is to see why it is deleting!

Comment

Originally posted by brian873 View Post
                      thanks again scurlaruntings

I found the item in question, all i need now is to see why it is deleting!
                      No problem.

Can only be one of three things. Outlook rule. User intervention. Or an AV that isn't exchange aware.

Comment

I have been looking at this this afternoon, and it looks like it could be a problem with a DLL file.

The user is a blackberry user and looks like it may be a problem with versions on the BES/exchange server. I dont know for sure as yet though.

Comment

Working...
                        X