Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 OOA won't work for old users

Howdy All,

I'm experiencing a problem getting the Out of Office Assistant working on some of my users Outlook /Exchange accounts. The users who are having the trouble seem to be the ones been here longer than others.

Both the new and old users have survived a block level mailbox move and an Outlook 2K to 2K3 fresh install on a new PC. Users created more recently do not experience any problems.

I have only been here for a short time and have do not really know what has caused the OOA to be nonfunctional on these few users.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Exchange 2003 OOA won't work for old users

What if you remove one of the problematic user's profile and re-create it?

What if you test to delete one of the old mailboxes (of course you should do this with care... ) and re-create it?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
      What if you remove one of the problematic user's profile and re-create it?
      Thanks for the response Daniel.

Possible lamer question but here goes. Could you be a little more specific on what you mean by users profile and where it is stored in Exchange? Or are you talking about a profile for the user in AD? Or are you talking about the Outlook profile on the users computer?

Thanks again!

Comment

I was reffering to the Outlook Profile. Instead of deleting the old one just create a new one. See if it makes any difference.

As for the mailbox deletion, make sure you have a good backup and that you only delete a user that isn't super sensitive or working at that moment. Just do it for testing, do go on deleting users' mailboxes just for the fun of it...

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X