No announcement yet.

Replying with Public Folder Email Address

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replying with Public Folder Email Address

I have made a public folder with a e-mail address attached. When I receive e-mails in that folder is it in any way possible to reply to those e-mails with the address attached on the folder. When I reply now I have to use my own mail address.

Re: Public folders.

Go to delivery options and grant send on behalf as rights. Alternatively you can go to the permissions tab and grant send as rights.

As you can see on the screen shot I have added a user, me, to the delivery options.

As you cann see here I have added the From-field to the message box and entered the mail address, but when I try to sent the mail I get an error message "You do not have permission to send the message on the users behalf"

What to do?

Was that the help I could get?

Re: Replying with Public Folder Email Address

If you aren't happy with the answers that you have got, feel free to request a refund - the desk is at the back, just past the menswear.

Giving your question a more appropriate title would also have helped, I have renamed it from the original title.

Sending as a public folder address is very well documented for Exchange 2003, you are using a product that is well over 12 years old (based on Exchange 2000 originally), so spending some time with a search engine will almost certainly find the answer to your question.

Simon Butler
          Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
          Exchange Resources List:
          In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Replying with Public Folder Email Address

You are completly right, I googled it again and found out that I have to clear the checkbox Hide from Exchange Address List I now the problem is solved.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the ...