Cross Domain Shared Calendar Permissions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Domain Shared Calendar Permissions

Morning all!

A bit of an odd one this ...

We have two domains; one for members of staff and one for students. Both Domain Controllers are running Server 2003 and have their own separate Active Directory lists. Our Exchange 2003 server sits on the student domain, whereas staff member laptops are linked to the admin domain. All computers have Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 installed. It is also possible to access the admin DC server from the student DC server and visa-versa.

Originally there wasn't a issue. Members of staff could request access to other shared calendars and given the relevant permissions. However something has changed Any staff member can now access any shared calendar with full permissions ... A user could effectively access another user's calendar and delete all their appointments!

If a user on the student domain tries to access another student domain user's calendar, they are denied access unless permissions are set. So it looks as if users on the admin domain have full admin rights over the student domain.

Do I need to recreate the trust relationship between the two domains? By doing this, can I allow admin domain users to view their mailboxes on the student domain, but also allow them access to other users' shared calendars providing they have the correct permissions?

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

Last edited by Anonners; 18th May 2011, 11:43.

Re: Cross Domain Shared Calendar Permissions

You have to ask you what have changed since this form of access is possible! Have you integrated some form of mobile access or a new backup solution?

I guess your staff members is able to access the whole mailboxes not only the calendar.
    If this is correct you somehow gave "receive as" permission on the store/server to a group which included all your staff members.