Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder Replication

Hi All

I have an existing exchange 2000 server and a new exchange 2000 server which I will eventually move all the mail accounts across and close down the old exchange box.
    I have a few public folders that I wish to replicate with hardly any data in at all although they do change regularly as they are bookings etc
    I have set up replication from the old server which has worked fine although I have a slight problem.
    On the old server the folders say in sync but on the new server they say local modified or both modified. If any changes are made on the new server, they are not replicated to the old server. Replication is set on both public folders to every 5 minutes and urgent on the individual folders.
    It looks like, replication from the old to the enw is working fine but it appears to be only one way? Is this the way it works or have I done something wrong??
    There are no error messages in the event log of either server

thanks in advance

mark

Re: Public Folder Replication

You say replication is flowing from old to new but not the other way? I am not aware of any "by design" feature, as PFs are supposed to replicate both ways. What about the settings on the servers? Look at the PF Store replication settings, not just at the PF Tree level.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi Daniel

On the public folder stores for both servers they are set to always run every 5 minutes.
      On the replication status of the new server, all the folders report either local modified or both modified and on the old server they all say in sync.
      I have enable diagnostic logging for all incoming and outgoing messages on both servers but am getting no error messages.
      thanks for any help

Mark

Comment

Try using PFDAVADMIN from the Microsoft Exchange Support Tools. See what it tells you.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X