Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending e-mails to multiple users

Hello.
    I have some users in marketing, they have 'local distribution' lists in outlook that they all use, however with local lists when they hit a certain number they stop sending. I have been getting round this by splitting the list first in 2, then to 4. The list is growing and they no longer want to send to multiple seperate groups, they would like just sending to one list.

Setting this up in active directory would make too much extra work, in that after the group has been setup all the company will be able to see it in the gal and maintaining the group would be a geneal nightmare.

Im looking for a solution that gives the group administraion to the marketing team, where they can freely update the e-mail addresses at will.

as a way forward i was looking for an Online mailing list distribution service.

my question is, is an online mailing list my only option in this scenario?
    thanks.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: Sending e-mails to multiple users

I'd definitely go with an online mailshot company!

that way, you can devolve all administration aspects for contact details to the marketing users, and technical administration to the mailshot company, and have nothing to do with it :P

plus, if your local DLs are so large that you have to split them, then your upstream mailserver may end up blocking you..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Sending e-mails to multiple users

ty for your reply, i will go ahead with the online mail distribution service
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
      X