Remove Exchange Attributes???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Exchange Attributes???

I had a user leave today (my boss) so went to remove his mailbox as I normally do but using the Exchange AUDC snapin, Exchange Tasks, Delete Mailbox. BUT, i clicked on Remove Exchange Attributes by mistake.

Now the users mailbox settings have gone (OK) but the mailbox is still there. Normally I would just reconnect but I cant see this option, and also I am now getting loads of errors in the Exchange Application event log of

Event ID: 3012
    Source: Sever Activesync
    Error: An error occurred while accessing the Active Directory for user []. Information cannot be retrieved from Active Directory due to an unknown error. Verify that the Exchange ActiveSync Server can communicate with Active Directory, and that the user has a valid account.

Any idea how I can clear the errors or just ideally get rid of the mailbox as its not needed now.

Thanks,

Andy

Re: Remove Exchange Attributes???

OK, I got rid of the mailbox by running the cleanup agent which flagged it as disconnected. Tried reconnecting to the user account which seemed to work but the errors carried on, so I did an Exchange Tasks, delete mailbox. After this i ran the cleanup agent again and it showed as disconnected but still getting the errors.

Found a couple of posts on the web to get rid of the mailbox by changing deleted mailbox retention to 0 days, then running cleanup, which I did and the mailbox went. WOOHOO!

BUT, the errors are still coming up every 5 minutes? Any ideas?

Comment

Wait for AD to update. Once AD is up to date and the object has been completely purged you shouldn't see that error any more.
      Bare in mind because you reduced the retention on the DB that's applicable to all mailbox's in that DB. Probably not a good idea if you want users to still be able to recover their deleted items within the retention time period. You've probably just freed up alot of white space too...

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
        Wait for AD to update. Once AD is up to date and the object has been completely purged you shouldn't see that error any more.
        Bare in mind because you reduced the retention on the DB that's applicable to all mailbox's in that DB. Probably not a good idea if you want users to still be able to recover their deleted items within the retention time period. You've probably just freed up alot of white space too...
        Thanks.

Ended up forcing an update of the RUS and Offline Address Book as most people had left for the day then and that cleared it up, so yep like you say I really just needed to wait for AD to update.

Was OK to reduce the retention as I only changed the mailbox retention to 0, while leaving my deleted items retention as it was at 14 days. I had a load of mailboxes which needed to go anyway so thats cleared that up nicely.

Thanks though, panic over

Comment

Working...
        X