No announcement yet.

Configure Exch 2003 SP2 to send/receive emails from outside world

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure Exch 2003 SP2 to send/receive emails from outside world

Dear Experts,

I have Exchange 2003 SP2 installed on Win 2003 R2 SP2 server which is also acting as domain controller for our small organization.

Another Server with Win 2003 R2 SP2 have ISA 2006 installed for internet access. I will be getting real IP addresses in a day or two from my ISP and my plan is to use our email server for sending/receiving emails from outside. Uptill now Exchange was serving for local emails and for outside emails users were also having POP account configured in their outlook 2007.

To be honest I am first time trying to do this and have no idea how to begin once I have real IP addresses from ISP. I request from experts if any one can please share details step by step guide to perform this task. i heard something about MX records and A record but could not understand it.

Awaiting your reply.

Kind Regards,
    Wajeeh Ur Rahman Khalid

Re: Moving Ex2k3 SP2 from one server to another

Not related to your original question of moving Exchange from one server to another. Flagged for splitting into a new thread.

Please start a new thread when asking a new question
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.