Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Ex2k3 SP2 from one server to another

Dear Experts,

I have two servers ONLY. Both servers have Win 2k3 R2 SP2 installed. One Server is Domain Controller and I also installed Ex 2k3 SP2 on it. The other server is having ISA 2006 Std installed on it.

I need to ask if this setup is OK as I have only two servers OR it would be better that I shift my current ex 2k3 to the server on which ISA is installed? If you suggest that it is better to move then Please I need the steps how to begin, in which mode I need to install Ex 2k3 on ISA Server then moving mail boxes and finally I need to remove exchange from the domain controller server.
    There are 15 users and all of them have email boxes configured with exchange but setup is new so I need your suggestions so that from now if it is required to move exchange I do now when there are limited emails and size of mail boxes is small.

Additional information: Presently exchange is only working for local emails but soon there is a plan to use it for both incoming outgoing emails from outside world.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,
    Wajeeh

Re: Moving Ex2k3 SP2 from one server to another

I would not put Exchange on the ISA server.
    i would not put anything I couldn't absolutely avoid on an ISA server.

ISA does things to the network connections. You'll spend your whole life trying to work out which ports you need to open and where you need to open them to.

Apart from the whole concept of the fact that you're probably going to make your ISA server internet facing..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

What tehcamel said. Exchange and ISA on the same box is not a supported configuration other than SBS 2003 Premium.

Ideally Exchange would also not be on a DC, but this is only a recommendation rather than unsupported.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Dear Experts,

Thanks you very much for your reasonable answers. So I will drop the idea of moving exchange 2003 to the server on which ISA is installed.

Thanks,
        Wajeeh

Comment

Working...
        X