Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mail not being deliverd inside the company...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail not being deliverd inside the company...

im clueless about this this so try to help.

server work with : sbs2000 with exhange 2000 isa firewall and Mcafee antivirus with groupshield 6.0.2.
    clients work with : xp pro sp2, office basic 2003.

ok, im reciving mail from all around the world , all went in fine got no problem to get mail from everywere... BUT!
    i have specific adress lets say "[email protected]" that specifict from them i cant get the mail.
    now its the problem, the mail DO reach my exchange, i can see that the McAfee groupshield is scanning it and find it clean, thats mean that it pass the firewall, and i can also see that the exchange server recived it in the tools->tracking server option... i can see the message!
    when i press on her for details it gives me :
    date/time SMTP : Message Submited To Advance Queing
    date/time SMTP : Started Message submitted to Advancing queing

and thats it ! she dissapeard and no one reciving her ... like she was never accepted.

i have no rules for that adress , i dont have anti spam or black list or somthing.

what can prevent that message for reaching that destination.

fyi: tried to recive messages from few mail adresses from that company domain, non arrived.
    the Systemadministrator of that company sees the mail leaving his company and recived by my server.

that is long but if you read it and have any ida will like the help, im clueless !

Re: Mail not being deliverd inside the company...

ravx,

>server work with : sbs2000 with exhange 2000 isa firewall and Mcafee antivirus with groupshield 6.0.2.
    > clients work with : xp pro sp2, office basic 2003.

first off are you all pached up withthe latest Service Pack for SBS 2000, Exchange 2000 and ISA, and GroupShield.

If you are not then patch them and see if that may help.

You could also try.

Make sure that you do not have any Delevery restrictions in the connector that (Administrative Group/admin name/Routing Groups connector name/connector )you are using for the domain name. check there.

See if you can send that particular domain and email and ask there admin if he recieved yours.

Try that posting error messages that would help get more info on the exact probelm.

HTH
    gaaq

Comment

Hi,

1. Try to check the badmail directory
      2. Enable SMTP loging and try to resolve the error you get with it.

Enjoy.

Comment

thanks for ansering,

i tried to chk bad mail, but nothing was the one i looked for...

in the exchange manager>tools>tracking was still the thing i wrote b4.

date/time SMTP : Message Submited To Advance Queing
        date/time SMTP : Started Message submitted to Advancing queing

all updates/patches was already installed...

nothing is add to the connector restriction delivery.

the company which i cant get mail from is getting my mail without problem.

any more idas i can try...

i can see that the mail is getting in , but were does it go ? and only from THAT specific company...

Comment

Verify that the server that Exchange is querying is a Global Catelog server, the most common reason that messages get stuck in the queue or categorizer is active directory communication.

When a message arrives in the “Advanced Queuing Engine” or “Pre-categorizer” it gets assigned to the messages awaiting directory lookup; you can see the messages in the Exchange system manager queue directory, through the virtual SMTP server. At this point the mail is actually a MailMsg Object (the information store creates this as a reference.); it gets forwarded to the categorizer and the categorizer looks at the message information – such as sender, recipient and message size, it also looks up the active directory information in the Global Catalog that it needs to complete it’s delivery i.e. if the recipients mailbox is over the limit or not or if the sender has broken any global policies on message size or number of recipients, at this point the message gateway and routing restrictions are also determined. The categorizer also expands the distribution lists and determines if the message contains internal and/or external recipients. If so, it does a bifurcation so that an RTF copy is sent to internal recipients and a MIME copy is sent externally. When the message categorizer is looking up directory information connectivity is critical, Microsoft recommends that all E2K3 servers also be GC’s. Interestingly enough only the MailMsg Object is actually moved though this process, the complete message still remains in the in the information store until it passes through the Advanced Queuing Engine and it’s entire contents moved to another store/site or remote host.
          "This comment is composed of 100% recycled spam"

Comment

It's not lost but after that exchange will send NDR to you. I think your organize maybe block NDR elsewhere. Please check NDR and you will find other way.

Comment

Working...
            X