OWA Frustration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Frustration

Dear All,

Thank you for having me on this forum.

I have an E2K server and i'm using OWA on a seperate server.My Information Store is corrupt and obviously not backing up. I also don't have any good recent backup.
    The soultion i came up with was to install a 2nd E2K server as member server and move mailboxes over and run backups from the new E2K server. I ran through a couple of errors during the E2K installation i.e Miscealaneous Atom... I managed to solve that. I moved my mailbox over to the 2nd E2K all went well. However when i use owa (from within my LAN) i get the log window repeatedly i have to put my orgname\usrname then password to logon. Then i am able to.

The big issue is when i'm browsing from the NET i put in my usrname and password the page doesn't load.But users that are still on the 1st E2K are able to use OWA with no problem.

I am getting the following Event id: 100 w3svc

The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'xxxx' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code.
    For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

I am getting the following Event id: 529

Logon Failure:
    Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
    User Name: xxxx
    Domain: E2K 2
    Logon Type: 8
    Logon Process: IIS
    Workstation Name:

I have tried to make sure that IIS virtual directorie properties are the same as on the 1st E2K. AD replication seems okay

Could someone please send me a life line....
    Chan Weng Lou

Re: OWA Frustration

Try this one ...
    How to Remove and Reinstall IIS and Exchange;en-us;320202