X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Frustration

Dear All,

Thank you for having me on this forum.

I have an E2K server and i'm using OWA on a seperate server.My Information Store is corrupt and obviously not backing up. I also don't have any good recent backup.
    The soultion i came up with was to install a 2nd E2K server as member server and move mailboxes over and run backups from the new E2K server. I ran through a couple of errors during the E2K installation i.e Miscealaneous Atom... I managed to solve that. I moved my mailbox over to the 2nd E2K all went well. However when i use owa (from within my LAN) i get the log window repeatedly i have to put my orgname\usrname then password to logon. Then i am able to.

The big issue is when i'm browsing from the NET i put in my usrname and password the page doesn't load.But users that are still on the 1st E2K are able to use OWA with no problem.

I am getting the following Event id: 100 w3svc

The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'xxxx' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code.
    For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

and

I am getting the following Event id: 529

Logon Failure:
    Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
    User Name: wengc
    Domain: MCDC-MZ-2
    Logon Type: 8
    Logon Process: IIS
    Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    Workstation Name:

I have tried to make sure that IIS virtual directorie properties are the same as on the 1st E2K. AD replication seems okay

Could someone please send me a life line....
    Chan Weng Lou
    Mozambique

Re: OWA Frustration

Hi,

did you solve this yet?

However when i use owa (from within my LAN) i get the log window repeatedly i have to put my orgname\usrname then password to logon. Then i am able to.
    It could be that you use 'Basic authentication' on the IIS server. Have you tried 'Integrated Windows Security'?

I'm not sure what your other error may be, but it could be a router/firewall problem. Can your Front End server communicate with the new Backend?

Hope you already solved this, but in case you haven't, let me know..

//M

Comment

Working...
    X