Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 03 with Outlook 2007 Meeting Tracking issue-weird behaviour

Hi,

I did lot of research for this but couldn't find a right answer.

Here's my environment:
    Exchange Server 2003 on Server 2003
    Outlook 2007 on Vista

Here's my scenario:
    We have a user Jane Doe; she has an Outlook profile with her mailbox as a primary mailbox. She also manages another mailbox called Project which is set as a secondary mailbox in her outlook profile. The Project mailbox is mainly used as a meeting organiser/calendar management. Jane Doe needs to manage all the meeting request/follow-up on behalf of the Project mailbox. Jane Doe has full access to the Project Mailbox and has the delegate’s rights. She sends more than 10 requests daily through that mailbox to over 100 participants. In order to update the Meeting Tracking, she needs to either open or preview (in the reading pane) ALL the Accepted, Tentative or Decline answer messages. This is really time consuming, she doesn't have the time to open all the answers to update the tracking. BTW, a Mark as Read doesn't work. Tried different rules but most of them are client based and are only applied to the primary mailbox.

Here's my concern/question:
    This is the normal behaviour for the meeting tracking but unfortunately this causes us some issues. Is there a way to modify the normal behaviour in order to update the tracking automatically without the need to read or preview the answer?

I tried different ways but I remain unsuccessful. I can provide more info if it can help resolve this.

Thx in advance

Re: Exchange 03 with Outlook 2007 Meeting Tracking issue-weird behaviour

can you set the project mailbox to autoaccept meetings? Then it should update, right?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Exchange 03 with Outlook 2007 Meeting Tracking issue-weird behaviour

Hi,

Our project mailbox is the organizer, it doesn't receive invites.
      I don't think setting up to auto accept meeting would update the tracking.
      Unless i don't unstand this feature properly i really doupt that will do what i need; I'll give it a try tho.

I found a tool called Microsoft Exchange Server Auto Accept Agent, would that only autoaccept/decline based on the free/busy? Or that will auto update the tracking also? Anyone?

Thx

Comment

Working...
      X