exchange 5.5 to 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 5.5 to 2003

well, i have exhange 5.5 as of now on a win 2000 server machine... on "dmn1" and my problem is i am planning to setup a new domain controller which means now we are using "example.com" and after the new setup i want to use "intranet.company.com" which will be windows 2003 enterprise, active directory, dns and dhcp on it and also exchange 2003, now is it possible to move user mail boxes and user settings from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 ? if yes what is the setup required for it, and the exchange 5.5 has no service packs... i have this problem because if i want to migrate to the same old domain i wont have any issues but if i am migrating it to a new domain then i am sure there will be a bit of an issue.. has anyone done it before ?? what were the steps taken ??

Re: exchange 5.5 to 2003

Originally posted by deceptionboy
    well, i have exhange 5.5 as of now on a win 2000 server machine... on "dmn1" and my problem is i am planning to setup a new domain controller which means now we are using "example.com" and after the new setup i want to use "intranet.company.com" which will be windows 2003 enterprise, active directory, dns and dhcp on it and also exchange 2003, now is it possible to move user mail boxes and user settings from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 ? if yes what is the setup required for it, and the exchange 5.5 has no service packs... i have this problem because if i want to migrate to the same old domain i wont have any issues but if i am migrating it to a new domain then i am sure there will be a bit of an issue.. has anyone done it before ?? what were the steps taken ??
    Google is your friend:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...5_to_2003.html

This was the first article in google and I am pretty sure you can find loads more.
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X