Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong display name at address list

Hello,

I have an Excahnge 2003 under 2003 sbs server, for now i have 12 users with a display name (at the office address list in outlook 2003) like this:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

but the problem started when i tried yesterday to create a new user named dina...she shows like this:
    dina smith

no metter what i do, all i want is to show her like this:
    [email protected]

i'll be glad for some help in this issue

Thx
    Roy
    Last edited by Wired; 27th February 2011, 10:06. Reason: changed email addresses

Re: wrong display name at address list

Are you adding them with the wizard?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Go to the user's properties in Active Directory Users and computers and update the display name there.
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
        Are you adding them with the wizard?
        tried with the wizard and tried with copying from other user...doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by v-2nas View Post
          Go to the user's properties in Active Directory Users and computers and update the display name there.

Hi,
          Been there Done that...doesn't work

Comment

Why don't you tell us what you HAVE tried, and what the results have been
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

once you have updated the display name, as several people abov ehave suggested,

have you checked the GAL using Outlook WEb Access, or only Outlook?

Because the version you see in your outlook client can take some time to update - 4 hours is not unheard of, potentially up to 24 hours can occur.
              whereas the GAL you see on OWA is an exact copy of the Server version, the outlook copy will be cached (most likely) and so not display updates.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by v-nas
                As per what v-nas said but you will need to double click the User and select E-mail Adresses tab, create an SMTP Alias for the name you want and set that name as the Default. Note that there is a GPO in SBS that by default can reset the Default email address back to the actual User Name you have used for the account. Check the other Users and see what their E-Mail Address tabs contain.

For example, the User Name you created was Joe Smith. You created an Alias j[email protected] and set that as the default. The GPO will change the Default back to [email protected] . The setting is, I believe, somewhere in the Default Domain Policy. I believe this because although I never found it, the Default email address stayed at what I selected after I had disabled the GPO. I am not suggesting you do this!!

I think this is an SBS issue and can be moved to the SBS Forum if desired.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by yasmint View Post
                  Hi,
                  Been there Done that...doesn't work

What does OWA show you?
                  Thanks & Regards
                  v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
                  Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
                  Independent IT Consultant and Architect
                  Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
                  X