X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can this be done please?

Hi

We use SBS 2003

Can one have a copy of the same email on Exchange and local MS Outlook ?

So as an email comes into the network - there are 2 copies of it made. One on the Exchange server and the other on the Local MS Outlook pc

Also if email is sent out from a user then a duplicate is made of it on the Exchange server + local Outlook

What we really like to have is something like 2 profiles for each user - one kept on Exchange while the other is on the local MS Outlook's user end - so if the Exchange server's hard disk would crash then there is already a copy of the user's profile on the local machine and visa versa

Is any of this possible please ?

Thanks in advance

If you are using outlook 2003 it has a "cached" mode so you have a local copy of everything. Older versions have similar features, or a bit of tinkering with the rules wizard will copy everything to a PST file.

Which version is it?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tom,

We have Outllook 2000 on some & Outlook 2002 on other machines

Where would I find these rules wizard please?

Comment

Hi UNivex,
        Search Outlook Help for "Rules Wizard"

I dont have a copy of 2000 or XP running atm so I cant give you the exact details but basically you set up a command to act on each incoming and outgoing email to copy it into a PST file.

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X