X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Journal to work with Exchange 2003

Hi,

We are using SBS 2003 here

How to configure the MS Oulook Journal to work with Exchange plz ?
    (so everyone on the LAN can view whats happening in the Journal)

What I mean is that everyone one the network is using ms outook to connect to Exchange and we need to see who is communicating with the clients etc

thanks in advance

Ouch!

Can Journal work with exchange in this way?
    AFAIK it tracks things on a user by user basis, so the joint access you refer to is probably out.

You can assign permissions to allow you to open someone elses journal, but you would have to go through person by person to find the entry you need.

IMHO a dedicated CRM solution (e.g. ACT!) which runs over a LAN would be your better bet. You could also have a look at the MS Small Business Contact Manager which comes with some versions of Office, but again I think thats geared to individual users.

Good Luck!

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply

will ACT! work with MS Outllook ?

and whats this CRM ?

Comment

Hi Univex,
        CRM = Customer Relationships Management, i.e. sales and marketing type stuff

ACT! is a stand alone product but does, AFAIK, integrate reasonably with MS Outlook so you can transfer data from Outlook to ACT! but I'm not sure about the other way.

ACT! on a LAN has a database (proprietory format) which all the clients connect to. I dont know if it will talk to the Exchange Store but it might

Your best bet is a demo from www.act.com and see if it does what you want, if not you may be looking at a custom exchange application

All the best
        Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X