No announcement yet.

My PDA Now uses a NDIS Driver after installing Exchange 2003! [email protected]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PDA Now uses a NDIS Driver after installing Exchange 2003! [email protected]

Ok after installing Exchange 2003 I am unable to sync anything anymore locally. I still have not gotten the exchange server up and running fully but local syncing does not work and I get a 85010014 error in Activesync 4.1. Now under hardware settings instead of my pda showing up as a usb device it is now showing up as a network device called windows mobile-based device. B4 exchange it showed up as a USB Device not under Network Adapters. Is this normal? If so how do I configure it so I do not get sync errors? And why does it show up as a network device anyway? That doe snot make any sense?

Re: My PDA Now uses a NDIS Driver after installing Exchange 2003! [email protected]

Strange. I have not seen this before. I will need more info. Please try to provide as much info as you can about your setup and configuration. What ActiveSync version, where is the PDA connected to, does this happen to all the PDAs on all computers, what SP level in Windows and Exchange, any other issues, errors and so on.

Oh, now that I've read your post again I see that you're using ActiveSync 4.1? Why? V4.1 wasn't released to the public yet.

http://bink.nu/Article4885.bink

I guess you'll need to uninstall it or try to figure out the changes it made to your configuration.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: My PDA Now uses a NDIS Driver after installing Exchange 2003! [email protected]

Ok I did some different things

I uninstalled 4.1 and put back 4.0. I still got the same error. So I tried to sync with a 2003 SE Device (A PPC 6600 PDA) and I got the same error. So what I did was I disabled syncing for everything relating to outlook (I left files and favorites syncing) and the error dissapeared! So it seems like it is an Outlook problem, when I try to sync anything relating to outlook I get this error no matter what PDA I use. I run Office 2003 so I uninstalled the whole thing, deleted my pst files and reinstalled but I still get this error. The exact error has this error code is

0x85010014

and the message I get in activesync is a windows that pops up titled

Microsoft Outlook

and it says

Synchronization cannot be started because your are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart Your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the pronlem persists, contact your network administrator

So ofcourse I did a search on that error code and it comes up with something on Microsofts Page about the error, it said its may be cause by pst corruption of outlook file and I did all the steps it said to do and I still get the error. Its been 2 days now and I cannot sync my PDA. its driving me crazy!

Comment

I think it might be a folder redirection issue. How do I completely disable folder redirection especially for My DOcuments, I would rather infact disable it altogether

Comment

since upgrading to WM5 I have seen this error a few times when syncing, however a smartphone running wm2003 is able to sync without issues.

Personally I think that WM5 and AS4 were not really ready for release but Microsoft were forced into the release

Comment

Working...
          X