Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Servers Exchange 2003 Organization

Hi all,

Just joined this site 5 minutes ago. Thanks to Daniel and team for their tireless efforts to make this site as valuable source of information and as updated as possible.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Now I use Exchange2003 for my mailing system. Recently I decided to install a second Exchange 2003 server and tranfered a few mailboxes to this server.

The two servers are all in the same exchnage domain and they all relay through an SMTP connector in the first routing group. They are both configured as local bridgehead servers in Exchange and server1 (original) is a master and server 2 as member in the first routing group.

The problem is that mailboxes on server1 can send out and receive mails through the SMTP connector whilst mails sent from mailboxes on server2 are queued.

Anything that I have overlooked on the second server?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Re: Exchange Servers Exchange 2003 Organization

for ur mail are queueed there is the problem for SMTP configuration problem. in server2 configure smtp relay host to server1 IP ADDRESS. so that server2 mail will directly send throught server1. so keep watch for the smtp configuration os server 2. u r doing mistake to configure SMTP connecter in server2. hope u will solve this problem
    subrat

Comment

OK Subrat, this is what I did.

1. Changed the smarthost on server2 to IP address of server1
      2. Sent mail to myself and I recieved this.
      3. Sent mail to my Yahoo account and recieved this
      4. Sent mail from my yahoo account and did not recieve this
      5. Checked the queue on server 2 and it's empty
      6. Checked the queue on server 1 and it has 5 emails for me all queued up, 4
      from outside and 1 internal
      7. Moved my mailbox to server 1 and recieved all the mails.

The problem now is that I can send mail out from mailboxes on the Exchange server2 but cannot recieve any. Where am I missing something here

Comment

Originally posted by Jajabinghx
        They are both configured as local bridgehead servers
        They are both configured as bridgehead servers ? what do you mean by that ?

On your SMTP connector you only need 1 local bridgehead (i.e. Server 1).

You should not need to setup smarthosts.

topper.
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
        X