Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Public Folder cannot mount in System Manager!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Public Folder cannot mount in System Manager!

Help! I am using Exch 2003. I was trying to configure the Permissions of my Public Folders in System Manager when I chose "Deny" permission for "Everyone". Now, the Public Folder tree has disappeared from System Manager. I can still see the Public Folder Store under the Storage Group but it is dismounted. I tried going to Security tab and set "Allow" to "Everyone" but still it cannot be mounted. I get this error:

The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. You can either: -press Cancel and mount store later from its context menu or, -press Retry to let Exchange System Manager keep trying to mount store for you.

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no: c1041722.

I found an article in http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;823017 but it still wont work. Has anybody experienced this problem? Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Re: Help! Public Folder cannot mount in System Manager!

for ur problem first u hav to mount ur public folder store. so restart ur exchange server then check all ur exchange server services started.go to system manager -server -first storage group-public folder store. right click public folder store then click mount. it will mount public store . if still u r unable to mount public store then repaire ur exchange server MDBDATA through ESUTIL command. hope u will able to solve ur problem .

subrat
    india

Comment

I think the 1st problem is solved! This document really helped: http://www.it-faq.pl/mskb/300/444.HTM

It teaches you how to use the DSACLS command to give permission to the group or user that you've previously denied.

My public folder store is now mounted. Now for the 2nd problem, I can see that I have Full Control access. But why can't I create a Public Folder in System Manager or even in Outlook 2003? In Outlook, it says I do not have sufficient permissions. In System Manager, when you right-click Public Folder, the "New Public Folder" menu option has disappeared.

Comment

Could you please give me more information on this fix. That link no longer works.

Comment

Here's the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;823017

Comment

Double check the permissions. Go to the security tab, click Advanced and look at the type of permission. If something is set to Deny that will superseed any Allow setting, so look for permissions set to Deny access to the public folders and try removing them. Make sure to write down any permission changes so that you can reset the permissions if you need to.
            Last edited by Anders; 11th October 2006, 08:56.
            A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

Working...
            X