Event ID 628. Exchange 2k3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 628. Exchange 2k3

I am getting hit by this warning 4 times a minute on my exchange 2003 server.

It says that there are x number of non-visable nodes in the IS, has anyone come across it before?

I think it may have something to do with ctp of sp2, as I can't find any info on this particular event id.

Any help appricated, it's not really causing any problems just cluttering my event manager.

Cheers

Dean

Re: Event ID 628. Exchange 2k3

Event ID 628 describe successful logon into the mail system. If you can provide more information it
    Would be useful.
    Also, you shouldn’t install SP2 on production server for now.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

I did mean to say I know I shouldn't of installed it but it was a very late night and the clients "standard" exchange had just burst it's 16GB limit. Now they're very happy with there new 75GB limit

The error is basically telling me that either there isn't enough planned maintainance time or that I should do a offline defrag of the IS, because the non-visable nodes are likely to be deleted objects that haven't been purged. The planned maintainance has 5 hours which i'm sure is plenty, also i'm not a big fan of any sentance/procedure with the words offline and exchange in it. So thought i'd ask first before commiting into that course of action.

Cheers

Dean

Comment

I am having the same problem on 3 Exchange 2003 SP2 servers. I did increase the Maintenance window and that seemed to have helped somewhat on 2 of the 3 servers. I am temporarily halting mailbox backups as that is a time and resource hog. I'll post the results.

Have you had any success?

Jim

Comment

I finally broke down and called Microsoft. Seems there are at least 2 released versions of SP2 for Exchange, build 7623 (the one I originally installed) and build 7638 (the most recent one).

I installed the most recent release of SP2 and, so far, the messages have not appeared.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X