creating a email user in exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a email user in exchange 2003

I'm suddenly just get this error message when creating a new email account for new user.

Error:
    The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be because of an address list or email address policy configuration error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: creating a email user in exchange 2003

First off reboot the server and see if this fixes the issue first. If not inspect the event logs for any errors. Have any updates been applied recently? Have any changes been made in your domain/DNS configuration? Have any changes been made recently to your Recipient Update Policy . Have any changes been made on the Exchange server etc. Give us a brief description of your Exchange topology as well and if theres any coexistence with other versions of Exchange.

Comment

Where are you creating the user -- on the Exchange server or on another server with the Exchange tools installed?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your help/concern.

I was able to resolve my issue. I just restarted the System Attendant Service.

Comment

Working...
        X