Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server 2003 Ent. Initial Configuration

Hello there!

I'm just new in using Exchange Server 2003, I have a server with windows server 2003 and finished setting up exchange 2003including the SPs in it. I've created a user account for testing and configured outlook to see if it is working, unfortunately i got and error saying that "The connection to the server has failed. Account 'xxxxxxx', Server: 'xx.xx.xx.xx', Protocol: 'POP3', Port: '110', Secure(SSL): 'No' socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E".

Is there any initial configuration I need to set in order for this to work? I have windows server 2003 Ent. R2 w/ AD and DNS integrated and Exhange Server 2003 Enterprise in a single server.

Thank you.

Boni
    Last edited by Syscon8192; 21st November 2010, 09:34. Reason: to clarify the topic

Re: Exchange Server 2003 Ent. Initial Configuration

why do you want to use pop3? using POP3 means you aren't geting pretty much ALL Of the benefits of using exchange - it's just a fairly dumb mail server that could be implemented with much lower resources

If you want POP3 enabled, you would need to, at the very least, start the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service.

When you configure outlook, try configuring it as "microsoft exchange" type account instead - this would be my suggestion
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

hi, how about giving something like this a try
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Got it! Thanks a lot for the both...

Comment

Working...
        X