Exchange 2003 Schema extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Schema extension

I have an existing forest (everything is working well) I have built a new domain which appears to be working well - replication and dns etc

I am installing Echange on the DC (this is a test environment) and it says i need to extend the schema. I already have multiple excange servers in the forest - any ideas why this is coming up?

thanks

Re: Exchange 2003 Schema extension

Domainprep must be run in every domain with Exchange Servers or Email Enabled Users:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...Explained.html
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Domain Prep was run as were all pre-reqs before the SETUP
      thanks

Comment

Sorry, my psychic powers must have been off when I read your original post.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

just so we're clear, you've run both forestprep and domainprep on the new domain?
          And this is Exchange 2003, installed on a Windows Server 2003 platform, that belongs to a pre-existing forest, with a pre-existing exchange organisation?

It's ex03 std or ent? what is your existing servers - ent or std?
          Could you give me the full error message?
          Last edited by tehcamel; 12th November 2010, 22:16.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Sorry Ossian - my post was very vague - i think banging my head on my desk has caused me some damage..

It is Exchange 2003 on Server 2003
            Being installed on a DC for a Domain in a tree which is part of a forest.
            The Forest already has an Exchange Org
            Forest prep was run at the Forest level but not on this Domain

Everything appeared to be fine in AD - replication was working etc but it appears there could be some trust issues which i am going to look at now

I have built another Domain and whilst that has installed ok there is no First Storage Group

My apologies again for being vague - im pretty new to exchange

Comment

Working...
            X